We have been asked by our clients, to share the preferred bookkeeping software recommended to our clients, especially with the fast-approaching mandatory Single Touch Payroll reporting.
We know there are many programs to chose from and likely a lot of conflicting information as to what is the best. We are here to make that decision easier for you.
Here at Initiative we are big believers in working smarter, not harder, this is why we highly recommend Xero. Xero is cloud based bookkeeping software that allows you to stay in control of your business bookkeeping anywhere you have an internet connection. It’s capabilities and integrations are second to none and our feedback to date boasts of its user-friendly interface and real time viewing.
Xero is STP compliant and lodges this information within seconds of the click of your mouse. Some other features include:
- Quoting & invoicing that can be emailed direct from your Xero file
- Ability to save PDF invoices & receipts (eliminating the need to keep paper records),
- Timesheets – employees can complete their timesheets which will then prepopulate in your payrun once approved
- Active bank feeds – allowing real time viewing of your financial position by having up to date information reconciled with just a few clicks
- Unlimited Users – by inviting your accountant into your file, we can assist with bookkeeping or review information from our office
Xero offers a range of monthly subscriptions to suit all size businesses. They have also released a payroll only package for small business with 1-4 employees.
We understand moving to a new accounting software package can be daunting however, we are here to make the process run smoothly and provide you with any training you need.
Please do not hesitate to call Kate Lindquist from our office to discuss any questions you may have!