With the recent lockdown in Queensland, the Qld Government in partnership with the Federal Government have released an assistance package for businesses impacted by the lockdown. It was officially released from 16 August 2021 and closes 16 November 2021.
The Grant covers both the South East Queensland lockdown from 31 July 2021 to 8 August 2021, as well as the Cairns/Yarrabah lockdown from 8 August 2021 to 11 August 2021.
The Grant offers a range of assistance from $1,000 up to $30,000 and the level of assistance your business may receive will depend on the payroll size of your business.
To be eligible for the Grant, your business or not for profit organisation must:
- employ staff (not including business owners)
- have an ABN from 30 June 2021
- be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters (principal place of business is based in Queensland) and have been trading in Queensland on 31 July 2021
- have an annual payroll of not more than $10 million (limit doesn’t apply if you’re in the hospitality/tourism sector) during any of the 2019, 2020 or 2021 financial years
- demonstrate the business was directly or indirectly impacted by the lockdown event
- demonstrate a reduction in turnover of 30% or more during a nominated 7 day period:
- this must include at least 1 full day of a lockdown event when comparing against turnover achieved during the same 7 day period in July or August 2019
In addition to the above, an online application form will also be released for non-employing sole traders in September.
If you need assistance with the above Grant, please contact Kate in our office. Kate will be happy to help you and your business through these uncertain events.